I enjoyed the things I read this week for class. I really like the Parental Pyramid by The Arbinger Company. This made total sense.
1.Although correction is a part of parenthood, IT IS THE SMALLEST PART.
2. The key to correction is effective teaching.
3. The key to effective teaching is a good parent/child relationship.
4. The key to a good parent/child relationship is a good husband/wife relationship.
5. The key to a good husband/wife relationship is our personal way of being. Indeed, this quality affects every other aspects of the pyramid; that is why it is the deepest foundation.
1.Although correction is a part of parenthood, IT IS THE SMALLEST PART.
2. The key to correction is effective teaching.
4. The key to a good parent/child relationship is a good husband/wife relationship.
5. The key to a good husband/wife relationship is our personal way of being. Indeed, this quality affects every other aspects of the pyramid; that is why it is the deepest foundation.
I really liked the quote from this article, it says, "If I've tried many things and my children just aren't responding, the solution is not to try still more methods of correction. The solution is to do a better job of teaching."
( The Parenting Pyramid, The Arbinger Company, page 3)
The Family is where the most important things happen.
(The Functional Family, James MacArthur)
This is a quote worth hanging in the house as a reminder how important the home is. Another thing I liked in this week's reading was a quote from a Stake President about sleepovers. He said, "You can't believe how many problems I deal with in my stake that are directly related to sleepovers." This was powerful. I was never allowed sleepovers and we have since put that rule into place for our kids. When they are up late at night and left to their own, they get into trouble.
No comments:
Post a Comment