There are protections for us as consumers, and there are also protections for business. We have such things as Antitrust Laws and the Food and Drug Act. Some fundamental consumer rights include:
The right to Safety
The Right to Choose
The Right to be Heard
The Right to a Decent Environment
The Right to Consumer Education
and The Right to Reasonable Redress for Physical Damages Suffered when using a product.
Our class discussion was really good this week. We had to debate things that we thought should be better regulated by the government. I commented on a fellow school mate's post about aspartame. I didn't know much about it, but she was really good. She had lots of great rebuttals. Good thing I'm not a soda drinker. Reading her post made me curious though. I want to know where else this "drug" is being used so that I can avoid it. Also this week, I posted that the government should regulate sugar better. But as someone said, it shouldn't be regulated, instead we just need to educate those around us. That is so true. And most people aren't willing to change their lifestyles, so even if you increased the sugar price, people would still pay for it. Both of these discussion boards was a lesson to me that we really need to research our food products. We need eat more pure. We need to become educated so that we can protect our families and ourselves from little things like sugar and aspartame.
Also in this class we've been talking about not only money management, but time management. I could do better on this. I get everything done that is most urgent, but if I could budget my time better, things around the house wouldn't slip. I always use the excuse that I have to do some school work. Well I think I could school work all day long, and I still wouldn't have everything done that I wanted to get done. If I had better time management, I could manage my school work and my housework better.
Thursday, May 15, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment