Friday, June 27, 2014

Save...Save....Save

There is power in saving money.  I feel more happy when I can provide for my family.  It is when we are strapped for money, that things become more stressful and tense at home.  Our prophets and leaders are inspired to teach to save for a rainy day.  We need to live on less than we make.  We  need to pay ourselves first and not last. 

I also feel that having a food storage is part of that feeling of peace.  If I can provide good healthy meals for my family it makes me happy.  When I can't feed my family I feel like I have a vice around my throat choking me.  A few years ago, we had a amazing food storage lady come and do a presentation for our stake.  She jokingly said in times of hunger, Beware of the man with the gun.  But then she went on and explained that when people get desperate for food they will do anything to get it.  It is so true.  Again if we heed the counsel of our leaders we will be blessed and provided for.

I know that if we are prepared both monetarily and with food that we can find peace to serve others better and feel the love of the Lord more abundantly in our lives.  It makes me feel good to know that I'm trying to follow the prophet.

No comments:

Post a Comment