
This week we learned about Hamilton McCubbin and
Joan Patterson's Double ABCX Model. They basically added
to the ABCX model that Reuban Hill designed. They wanted to take his model just a little farther through the crisis, knowing that often times we have many crisis that we have to work through. McCubbina and Patterson adapted Hills original plan just a little bit. They have the precises ABCX to stand for:
a=stressor
b=existing resources
c=perception of a
x=crisis
From there they add the double ABCX model by saying that:
aA=pile up
bB=existing and new resources
cC=perception of x+aA+bB
xX=Bonadaption, adaption, and madadaption

They also thought when you are in the second part of the ABCX model that you begin to gain coping skills. I would agree with this theory, because we could have many stresses in our life that cause piles ups. And also causes us to restock our resources. My Dad growing up was always out of job for some reason. This was the trial that we had to learn to deal with over and over. Each time it is hard and the family would have to rally together to survive. My mom was good at counting her blessing through the trial. Those were her coping skills. As we looked back we could see many blessings to our family. Being in those situations without a job didn't go without its stress. My Dad when he was going through these times would kind of shut the door to the world and wouldn't tell anyone his feelings. He would write about his feelings in his journal. My I left on my mission, he was out of a job. I felt so bad for them. I tried to giving him so of my mission money, knowing that the Lord would still provide. While I was gone things got even worse. Later I found out that my Mom would be crying on my sister's shoulder like a child. Having struggles in life is going to happen. We can learn from them. I believe that we are molded and perfected through our trails. We become more like our Heavenly Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment