Well first of all, it was very insightful to do the research for this speech. It made me want to literally move my family to some remote house and live off the land and create all of our own food. The Americans today have just become some busy that everything seems to be a grab and go mentality. But all that food is disgusting, hard to digest, laced with chemicals or preservatives, mislabeled just to make us feel better. According to my research, it seems that cows are given growth hormones even though the gallon of milk says that they aren't. The milk jug says, "Our cows have not been treated with rbST." What they don't tell you is that they are given rbGH, which seems to be the same thing as rbST. Interesting. Another interesting fact is that because the cows are producing more milk than Americans can drink so a few years ago they had the cow industry slaughter their dairy cows to try to adjust. With the cows producing more milk they are more likely to have get a breast infection called mastitis and could be on antibiotics more than normal, which could still have some residual in the milk that we drink. Don't you want your own cow? Genetically modified fish will soon be on the market. Why do we have to mess with nature just so that we can have the better and the best product out there. My husband and I struggle with weight. Part of it is my fault because I like cooking but I would blame the rest on our American diet. We can't get rid of all the chemicals that are being used today. And the preservatives in food have some alarming side affects. It is all actually quite disturbing. I just found that all interesting.
Now to the subject at hand. We had to give our persuasive speeches today to our group. It was very insightful to get my groups feedback. I ran a little long so I need to shave some time off my speech. I hopefully changed my opening line to be more of an attention grabber. I have become more comfortable in an online environment because for my other class I've had to have a lot of online presentations. I feel that my speech had a better flow today than in the past. I also liked to have my speech written in bullet form. It was easier to read. It seemed that I was more natural when I was with my group. I might try next week to record my speech during our meeting hoping I will be more natural. I will have to see how my timing is, because maybe I will need to redo, if time still needs to be cut. It will be interesting to see how we do next week as a group. Our speeches should be more polished. It will be interesting to get their feedback again and see how it changes over the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment