Thursday, December 10, 2015

Persuasive Speeches round 2

This was an  amazing week for speeches.  I was a little surprised to have to do two weeks of speeches.  I wasn't sure that I would see a big difference.  But the speeches came out awesome.  Alison in my group did a fantastic job.  She looked so professional and you could tell that she had really worked hard.  Alicia had also come a long way.  She was kind of all jumbled last week and was way over the time.  She really organized her thoughts well and she did an awesome job.  My speech was still lacking and still had to be significantly chopped way back.  It was amazing to me to see such a difference in the speeches.  I have really enjoyed meeting with my group this semester.  They have been some fun ladies.  It's kind of sad to say good-bye to them.

the moral of the story is that the more practice we have the better the speeches have become.  This is a good lesson for future speaking assignments.  My patriarchal blessing is very specific about some things in my life and I'm pretty sure that it involves public speaking.  I need to remember the things I've learned in this class and learn to implement them.  I can be better at slowing things down.  I need to appeal to my audiences, adding a little humor.  I could benefit from practicing more, working to make sure that I'm in the time window allotted.  This has been a great class with some great tips in public speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment